Guess which of the these aircraft photos are real and which are ’shopped. The answers are at the end.
1. Real: BICh-7A, 1929, parabolic wings tester
2. Doctored scene from Area 51; see the original here
3. Real: Vaught V-173 "Flying Pancake" experimental vertical takeoff- and landing aircraft
4. Real: Avro VZ9 Avrocar, another experimental VTOL craft (more pix, video)
5. Yep. Antonov A-40, flying tank attempt by Russia c. 1942
6. Real: the Caproni Ca.60 Noviplano, 1921 (yes, it flew)
7. Real: Lippisch Aerodyne experimental wingless aircraft (also flew)
8. Unfortunately, the Double Eagle Blackbird is a digital cut-and-paste job
9. The Russian K-7 actually existed. The picture above is greatly embellished art. Here's the real K-7:
10. Another from the doctor behind the Area 51 effort above
11. Real Navy X-47B unmanned combat air vehicle
12. I don't know. According to UFO sites, this is the alien craft that crashed in Sverdlovsk, Russia (formerly Yekaterinburg) in March of 1969. Anyone seen the Russian B movie this is really from?
13. Inconclusive: Giant UFO seen photographed over Mexico. Shame how all of the pictures came out blurry
14. Real: Seattle's Space Needle
15. Not sure